NextGEN Gallery (NGG) is an excellent gallery for WordPress. Its major drawback, as far as I’m concerned, is the limited possiblity to insert selected images into posts. This image chooser offers a comfortable way to browse through hierarchical albums and galleries, insert NGG tags for albums and galleries, as well as NGG tags for one or more images and thumbnails at a time.
- On the left side of the image chooser pop-up there is the tree view of all albums and galleries. On the top are the albums and their galleries, then follow the galleries, which are not attached to any album.
- On the upper right side there are the controls to insert the tags with their relevant options.
- Below the controls, the thumbnails of the images in the selected gallery are shown, optionally together with their title, summary and description. There multiple images can be selected for insertion.
Default settings can be altered on the settings page.
At this time, the image chooser is available in English.
This plugin provides 2 blocks.
- Image Chooser Block for NextGEN Gallery
- Image Chooser for NextGEN Gallery
- Search for “Image Chooser Block for NextGEN Gallery” on the “Add Plugins” page within your WordPress installation and click “Install now”, or
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- In the editor, you will find a new “Image Chooser for NextGEN Gallery” block in the media category, which allows adding albums, galleries and images to the post
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“Image Chooser Block for NextGEN Gallery” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Added gallery sort options and additional tags
- Reduced amount of hidden data
- Initial version